Computing, Internet and Email for Work
14th March 2019 @ 10:00 am - 11th April 2019 @ 12:30 pm
Aims of the Course To introduce complete beginners to the basic use of a computer, Internet and a guide to setting up and using an email account. To carry out basic word processing, using Windows and Internet Explorer software
Learning Goals (By the end of the course you will be able to):
* Switch on a computer, use a keyboard and mouse for basic functions
* Access programmes and files from the desktop
* Use word and it’s toolbars to edit and format a document
* Insert an image into a document
* Name, save, preview and print documents
* Access the Internet using a browser icon
* Use a search engine to find a web page on a specific topic
* Save the location of a web page, select and save specific information
* Create an email account
* Send and receive emails
* Open attachments to emails
* Manage your inbox
About the Course: This course is aimed at people that are in receipt of JSA and ESA.
No previous experience is required.
You will need:
* Paper and pen to take notes.
* Use of a computer to practice on between lessons is recommended (Available free of charge within the library)
This Course could lead to: CV Writing Job and Interview Skills